Transport & Movement
Potential Transport and Movement Improvements
A Transport Assessment is being prepared, which will identify the requirements for off-site sustainable transport and highway improvements within and around Mildenhall.
At this stage potential improvements will be determined following completion of the Transport Assessment and may include;
- Relieving the peak time congestion around Police Station Square
- Re-directing traffic flows around the town
- Potential reclassification of College Heath Road as the A1101
- West Row Road speed reduction
- Off-site safety improvements to pedestrian and cycle routes to the town centre and the employment land
- A Travel Plan, setting out the measures and initiatives to encourage travel by sustainable modes of transport where possible, will be implemented.